|Revision as of 11:46, 2 July 2012
Johnsonb (Talk | contribs)
← Previous diff
|Revision as of 11:47, 2 July 2012
Johnsonb (Talk | contribs)
Next diff →
|Line 27:||Line 27:|
|'''NEWS RELEASE'''||'''NEWS RELEASE'''|
|-||FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE||+||'''FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE'''|
|June 30, 2012||June 30, 2012|
Revision as of 11:47, 2 July 2012
LEARN ABOUT THE VILLAGE OF STURTEVANT
JULY 3RD FIREWORKS FESTIVAL
- Fireman's Park - 4 pm - 11:30 pm
- FREE ADMISSION - Parking on Grounds is $5
Food - Drink - Music - Kids' Activities - Fireworks Display
NEWS RELEASE FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE June 30, 2012
Contact Person: Linda Busha- 412-5578
Sturtevant Confirms Plans for Independence Day Celebration
Sturtevant Village Trustee Linda Busha announced today that Sturtevant will be holding its annual Independence Day Celebration in the evening of Tuesday July 3, 2012 even if the fireworks display is cancelled due to dry weather conditions. Busha stated “The current ban on open burning due to dry conditions will not stop Sturtevant’s Independence Day Celebration from taking place on July 3rd at Fireman’s Park - but the actual fireworks may not occur due to possible fire hazards.” The decision concerning the fireworks display will be made by the South Shore Fire Department.
The festival begins at 4 pm and runs until 11:30 pm with kids’ games, bounce houses, face painting, food and drink for purchase and music by the Brian Daniels Band.
The fireworks display will start at around 9:20 p.m., provided the current dry conditions improve.
Busha encouraged everyone to bring the family and come out and enjoy the festival fun, and each other’s company, with or without the fireworks display. Fireman’s Park is located on Charles Street between 90th St and Wisconsin St, in Sturtevant.
Stay tuned to WRJN for updates. A decision will be made sometime Monday, July 3, 2012.
SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL FIREWORKS - NO CARRY INS PLEASE
TRASH, BULK ITEM & WHITE GOOD PICK-UP INFORMATION
DO NOT BLOW LEAVES OR YARD WASTE INTO VILLAGE STREETS. VIOLATORS MAY BE ISSUED A CITATION.
VILLAGE OF STURTEVANT YARD WASTE & RECYCLING CENTER
The yard waste and recycling center will open for the season.
- NOTE: The yard waste center will be open every other week through the month of May.
- CLICK HERE TO VIEW CALENDAR & DATES THE SITE IS OPEN.pdf
RACINE HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE SITE
- All Sturtevant residents have access to the Racine Household Hazardous Waste Site every third Saturday, April through October from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm.
- LOCATION: 6200 21st Street, west of Hwy 31 (north of the old Sam's Club)
- 2012 Racine Household Hazardous Waste Site Dates for Sturtevant Residents.pdf
- Items Accepted at the Racine Household Hazardous Waste Site.pdf
2012 BOARD OF REVIEW & OPEN BOOK
2012 OPEN BOOK
Notices will be mailed on Friday, May 4, 2012. 2012 Open Book Dates Are:
- Wednesday, May 9, 2012-12:00 PM-8:00 PM or by appointment
- Wednesday, May 16, 2012-12:00 PM-8:00 PM or by appointment
- Thursday, May 17, 2012-12:00 PM-8:00 PM or by appointment
2012 BOARD OF REVIEW
- Tuesday, May 15, 2012 the Board of Review will meet at 5:55 PM only to reconvene to 5:00 PM on Wednesday, June 13, 2012.
- Monday, June 11, 2012-property owner must file an written “objection form” to the Municipal Clerk by 5:00 pm if they would like to appear in front of the Board of Review
- Wednesday, June 13, 2012, the Board of Review will meet from 5:00 PM-7:00 PM.
- CLICK HERE TO VIEW NOTICE.pdf
STURTEVANT YOUTH BASEBALL
- Administrator Janiuk presented the 2012 Budget at the Board Meeting on Tuesday, October 4, 2011.
- The Budget was approved on Tuesday, November 15, 2011
VACANT LOTS FOR SALE
Address: 2801 89th Street, Sturtevant, Wisconsin 53177
Office Hours: Monday-Friday-8 AM to Noon, 1 PM to 5 PM
General Phone Number: (262) 886-7200