Trash, Yard Waste & Bulk Item Pick-up Information
TRASH & RECYCLING PICK UP INFORMATION
STARTING MARCH 11, 2013 - TRASH AND RECYCLING PICK-UP DATES ARE CHANGING
- Residents west of 90th Street will have pick-up on Thursdays and residents east of 90th Street will have pick-up on Fridays. Recycling pick-up is everyother week.
- CLICK HERE TO VIEW PRESS RELEASE.pdf
Veolia-Trash Pick Up Phone: 262-679-0860
NOTE: If you do not use VEOLIA TRASH CONTAINERS VEOLIA WILL NOT pick up your trash.
YARD WASTE & RECYCLING CENTER
Located at the end of 87th Street, north of Durand. Proof of residency is required.
Yard Waste and Recycling Center is now open on Saturdays from 10 AM – 2 PM, and Wednesdays from 2:15PM - 6:15PM. The last date is open is Saturday, November 23rd, 2013.
The site accepts Bulk Items, White Goods,Grass, Leaves, Brush, Branches, and Tree Stumps. Branches and limbs up to 4" in diameter and 4' in length. Tree stumps MUST not exceed 24" diameter and 4' length. Some bulk items accepted.
WHITE GOOD FEES Due to cost imposed on the Village for the disposal of certain white good items, the Village of Sturtevant is now required to charge residents for the disposal of the following items at the Drop Off Site: Refrigerators, Freezers, Microwaves, Dehumidifiers, Air Conditioners, and Water Coolers. Residents dropping off items will be billed a $25 fee per item.
YARD WASTE, BULK ITEM PICK-UP & WHITE GOOD PICK-UP
YARD WASTE - 4th Monday in April; the 2nd Monday in May; and the 2nd and 4th Mondays in October and November
- Yard waste is to be placed in clear plastic bags onlyand set on the curb by 6:00 a.m. on Monday of the week of pick-up.
- Bags will be tagged and left on curb if it contains any garbage (non-vegetative items(s)).
- Brush will be tagged and left behind if it is not tied, bundled, or exceeds four (4) feet in length.
BULK ITEMS - 3rd Week of the Month by Appointment Only
- A permit is required for Bulk Item pick up. All residents receive one free Bulk Item permit per year. Permit sticker can be obtained from the Village Clerk's Office. Additional Bulk Item permit stickers are available from the Village Clerk's Office for $25.00.
- Bulk Items are defined as follows: Sofas, Chairs, Mattress, Bed Frames, Recliners, Bathtubs, Toilets, Furnaces, Desks, Dishwasher, and Tables.
- Permit is good for for one cubside BULK ITEM PICKUP regardless of the number of items. Bulk Item permit sticker must be prominently displayed on item at time of pick-up.
WHITE GOODS- 3rd Week of the Month by Appointment Only
- A permit is required for White Good pick up. The cost is $40.00 per item. Permits can be obtained from the Village Clerk's Office.
- White Goods are defined follows: Refrigerators, Freezers, Washers, Dryers, Dehumidifiers, Microwaves, Hot Water Heaters, Stoves, Air Conditioners, and Water Coolers.
- Property owners need to schedule pick up of Bulk Items and White Goods in advance of the third Monday of each month. Appointment for pick-up must be made with the Village Clerk at (262) 886-7201 no later than 5:00 PM on the Thursday prior to the collection date.
- If item does not have sticker, it will be tagged and left behind. If the item is not removed within 24 hours, the a special pick-up will be arranged at the cost of the property owner.
- Could take up to 5 days to pick up items
RACINE HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE SITE
- All Sturtevant residents have access to the Racine Household Hazardous Waste Site every third Saturday, April through October from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm.
- LOCATION: 6200 21st Street, west of Hwy 31 (north of the old Sam's Club)
- 2012 Racine Household Hazardous Waste Site Dates for Sturtevant Residents.pdf
- Items Accepted at the Racine Household Hazardous Waste Site.pdf
WISCONSIN'S ELECTRONICS RECYCLING LAW
The Village of Sturtevant can NO LONGER accept any electronics at the compost site or during bulk item pick-up.
- CLICK HERE TO READ MORE ABOUT THE WISCONSIN RECYCLING LAW
- CLICK HERE TO VIEW FEE SCHEDULE FOR VEOLIA
- The Village of Sturtevant is sponsoring an electronic drop off day on Saturday, November 17th, 2012. Electronic items will be collected at the Fountain Banquet Hall Parking Lot next to Farm and Fleet from 9 AM – 2 PM. Any kind of electronic or appliance will be accepted.