- 1 LEARN ABOUT THE VILLAGE OF STURTEVANT
- 2 2016 SIDEWALK IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM
- 3 TRASH, BULK ITEM & WHITE GOOD PICK-UP INFORMATION
- 4 VILLAGE OF STURTEVANT YARD WASTE & RECYCLING CENTER
- 5 RACINE HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE SITE
- 6 2016 BOARD OF REVIEW
- 7 STURTEVANT FIREWORKS
- 8 STURTEVANT YOUTH BASEBALL
- 9 BUDGET
- 10 VACANT LOTS FOR SALE
LEARN ABOUT THE VILLAGE OF STURTEVANT
2016 SIDEWALK IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM
The Village of Sturtevant has an annual program whereby sections of the Village are targeted for sidewalk repairs. In 2016, the Village will be looking at the area north of STH 11 bound by 90th Street on the East, Michigan Ave on the North, Wisconsin Street on the West and Durand Ave on the South. In the coming days, the Village DPW will be marking sections of sidewalk in need of replacement with an “x”. The property owner will then have the option of hiring a contractor to replace the sidewalk or having the Village contract for the work with costs being assessed against the property. If the property owner chooses to contract to replace the sidewalk themselves, the Village requires this work to be done by September 15, 2016. Sidewalks not repaired by that time will be automatically added into the Village’s contract and completed in fall. The Villages encourages property owners in need of sidewalk replacements to “team together” when obtaining prices from contractors for sidewalks as that usually produces a cheaper result. Questions about this year’s program can be directed to Jeff Seitz, Public Works Director at 886-7202.
TRASH, BULK ITEM & WHITE GOOD PICK-UP INFORMATION
- Residents west of 90th Street have pick-up on Thursdays and residents east of 90th Street have pick-up on Fridays. Recycling pick-up is every other week.
DO NOT BLOW LEAVES OR YARD WASTE INTO VILLAGE STREETS. VIOLATORS MAY BE ISSUED A CITATION.
VILLAGE OF STURTEVANT YARD WASTE & RECYCLING CENTER
Yard Waste and Recycling Center is now open on Wednesdays and Saturdays for the season. Wednesdays 2:15PM - 6:15PM. Saturdays 10 am - 2 pm until November 19th (weather permitting). The recycling center is located on 87th Street 3 blocks north of Durand Avenue. 87th dead ends into the recycling center.
RACINE HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE SITE
- All Sturtevant residents have access to the Racine Household Hazardous Waste Site every third Saturday, April through October from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm.
- LOCATION: 6200 21st Street, west of Hwy 31 (north of the old Sam's Club)
- 2016 Racine Household Hazardous Waste Site Dates for Sturtevant Residents.pdf
- Items Accepted at the Racine Household Hazardous Waste Site.pdf
- Medicine Collection Dates & Information.pdf
2016 BOARD OF REVIEW
- The 2016 Board of Review is scheduled to take place at 5:00 PM on Wednesday, June 15, 2016.
- CLICK HERE TO VIEW NOTICE.pdf
Enjoy the fireworks show on this events traditional date of July 3rd, start time approximately 9:00PM , at Fireman's Park (9698 Charles St, Sturtevant) weather permitting.
Please note that the family festival at Fireman's Park will not be held this year due to a lack of volunteers for the event day. Enjoy the show from your front yard, nearby park, curbside, or right at Fireman's Park.
The Boy Scouts will be holding a parking fundraiser, $5.00 per car to park in Fireman's Park beginning at 4:00PM.
STURTEVANT YOUTH BASEBALL
- The 2016 Budget was approved by the Village Board on November 11, 2015.
VACANT LOTS FOR SALE
Address: 2801 89th Street, Sturtevant, Wisconsin 53177
Office Hours: Monday-Friday-8 AM to Noon, 1 PM to 5 PM
General Phone Number: (262) 886-7200