Village Hall is open Monday-Friday from 8:00 am to noon and 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
- Village Hall, 2801 89th Street, is the only polling place for village residents.
- The polls are open from 7:00 am to 8:00 pm on election day.
- There are currently nine outstanding absentee ballots for the General Election that took place in the Village of Sturtevant on April 2, 2013. Please contact the Village Clerk, Mary Cole, at (262) 886-7201 for more information.
Voter Identification Required in 2012
Governor Walker has passed Assembly Bill 7 requiring all Wisconsin Voters to show photo identification at the polling place when voting. Some examples of acceptable forms of photo identification are Wisconsin drivers license, Wisconsin identification card, military identification card, and a U.S. passport. Also, please note that new voters must provide proof of residency when registering. If you have any further questions, please contact the Clerk at (262) 886-7201. ***IMPORTANT NOTE:Photo ID requirements have been suspended due to court order.
- Voter registration can be done prior to the election or on election day.
- You will need to provide proof of residency when registering. Some examples of proof of residency are a current and valid WI Drivers License / ID Card, bank statement. paycheck, utility bill, etc.
- Please note that if you have been issued a WI Drivers License you will need to provide the license number.
- CLICK HERE FOR VOTER REGISTRATION APPLICATION.pdf
- Please note that there are various address that have a Sturtevant mailing address, but are not located in the Village of Sturtevant. Please check the voter public access database to verify your polling place.
- CLICK TO VIEW VOTER PUBLIC ACCESS
- Absentee Ballots may be obtained by mail. In person absentee voting for the Presidential Election will take place between 8 am and 5 pm Monday-Friday, October 22-26, and October 29-November 2.
- CLICK HERE FOR THE APPLICATION FOR AN ABSENTEE BALLOT.pdf
Pet Licensing Information
- Pet licensing are required for dogs, cats & ferrets over 5 months of age. The license year runs from January 1 through December 31. The fees are as follows:
Dog Altered Male or Female-$15.00 Unaltered Male or Female-$25.00
Cat Altered Male or Female-$15.00 Unaltered Male or Female-$25.00
Ferret Altered or Unaltered-$25.00
A $10.00 late fee will be added to all licenses obtained after January 31st
The following information is required for licensing, most of which can be found on your Veterinarian Certificate.
1) Owner name, Address, and Phone Number
2) Name of Pet
3) Color, Sex & Breed of Pet
4) Altered or Unaltered
5) Proof of Current Rabies Vaccination
- Only 3 licensable animals are allowed in a single-family dwelling under four acres, and only 2 licensable animals are allowed in a multi-family dwelling.
Property Tax Collection
- Property tax statements are mailed in early December. The first installment or payment in full is due by January 31st. The second installment is to be paid the Racine County Treasurer no later than July 31, 2012. DO NOT SEND PAYMENTS TO THE VILLAGE OF STURTEVANT AFTER JANUARY 31, 2012!
Taxes can be paid in several ways:
1) Check or Cash. In person at Village Hall during business hours, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday-Thursday and 8:00-noon & 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm on Fridays.
2) Check. Check can be placed in the Drop Box located in front of Village Hall
3) Credit Card. A credit card payment, or debit card payment directly from your checking account, can be done through Direct Payments either on-line at Official Payments or by phone at 1-800-272-9829 (reference Village Code #5960). There is a user fee with this option.
Village Clerk-Mary Cole-886-7201, 2801 89th Street, Sturtevant, Wisconsin 53177, mailto:email@example.com
Deputy Clerk-Charlotte Gottschalk-886-7204, 2801 89th Street, Sturtevant, Wisconsin 53177, mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org